The site is basically set up with a basic news template and placeholder text with photos. If you would like to check out some of the basic features of the site, login to the demo with the following information:
Password: Dem0 (the 0 is a zero)
From there, you will get some idea of the main features the backend of the site offers. You can click on the "create content" link to post some basic pages to the site and see the ease of adding articles to such a site.
For a full demonstration of the full capabilities of the site, please contact us to get an administration name and password. We would be willing to walk you through the basics of the site at your convenience so you can get the full understanding of process.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions about the demo and there is no obligation to try out the site and get a full administration tour of the program.
1. Login to the site with the login link at the top of the page or login directly here: http://demo.surfnewmedia.com/user
1a. Username: demo
1b. Password: Dem0
2. This will take you to your own account page, but more importantly, you will see a black bar across the top of the site. This is the administration menu. (The demo account is limited, so not everything available to manage the site is listed there, but it gives you a general idea of how it works.)
3. Now, lets create some content. Directly, you can go here: http://demo.surfnewmedia.com/node/add/article
4. Fill in the blanks with as much information as you would like: headline, sub headline, byline, body of article, etc. You can even add a photo to try it out. The category you choose is arbitrary, and will put the article in the correct section of the website.
5. When you are done filling in the blanks, click save at the bottom of the page and you will be taken to the article you just created. If you would like to see it within the section you created, you can then click on proper link in the site's navigation menu to view your article within the category selected.
Congratulations, you just added in an article to the site.